According to wikipedia, Creative Visualization is “the technique of using one’s imagination to visualize specific behaviors or events occurring in one’s life”. In other words, Creative visualization is a technique that changes your outlook about the world and, in turn, makes changes happen in your life. This is the idea behind the practice of positive thinking. Successful people have advocated positive thinking since the 1800s.
The technique of creative visualization is used to achieve all types of goals, from financial to athletic to academic. Studies involving athletes have shown that athletes who incorporated creative visualization techniques into their training regimens had significantly improved performance over those athletes who relied on physical training alone.
- Creative visualization can help you to achieve any goal, as long as you’re willing to commit to the technique.
Why Should I Learn Creative Visualization?
Creative visualization is an important skill to learn because the results can be so incredibly powerful. Everyone can benefit from this technique and it can improve any area of your life.
You can achieve anything you can visualize; you can gain financial independence, successful interpersonal relationships, a new job, or even a better golf swing! Almost anything that you want to accomplish can be facilitated by the techniques of creative visualization.
How Do I Use Creative Visualization?
Creative visualization is actually a pretty simple process – the most important part is to see things as vividly and in as much detail as you possibly can. You must also believe that creative visualization can work to help you meet your goals.
To see the creative visualization process, think of a goal you have. Let’s say you want to get a promotion at your workplace.
- First, visualize yourself in this new, higher position.
- Imagine everything that would be different in your life as a result of having achieved your objective.
- Think of yourself and your lifestyle with the higher salary factored in.
- Imagine yourself on the job thriving in your new position.
- Visualize the view from the window in your new office or imagine how you would decorate it.
Your key to success is to put as much detail and as much of yourself as you can into these visualizations.
Creative visualization is all about breaking down the mental barriers that block you from the things you really want in life. You have to ignore the negative thoughts that tell you that your goal isn’t possible. Instead, focus on seeing yourself in a new, more positive light. You’re a person who deserves to meet their goals and who is intelligent enough to make these goals happen.
Is Creative Visualization Hocus Pocus?
Some people believe that visualizing your goals and desires is a waste of time or that it’s magic that doesn’t work. Visualization is nothing more than focusing your mind on what you want to achieve in life. Rather than being distracted by little things in everyday life, visualization allows you to keep sight of your main goal so you can take the appropriate actions to make it a reality.
- The same can be said of any type of business. The vision of the business owner is laid out in a business plan so the owner can make the right decisions to reach his desired success. A distracted business owner without a plan can very easily fail or delay reaching his success.
Creative visualization gives you a plan of action. Use it every day along with positive thinking to achieve anything, even things you have always wanted but thought were far out of your reach. Keep looking forward to bigger and better things in life and you’ll find a way to reach those goals!